Licking Memorial Health Systems - Measurably different...for your health
Home Care Services FAQs

How do I get home care?
Home care requires a doctor’s order. You can call your physician and see if you may qualify for home care services and have your physician call or fax orders for a home evaluation and treatment.

Who pays for home care services?
For patients who meet the criteria, Medicare will pay for Home Care Services. Some private insurance companies also will pay for the services depending on the type of services required.

What criteria do I have to meet to obtain home care services?
You must be homebound which means leaving the home with assistance and effort and leaving home infrequently, (for doctor’s appointments, occasional hair appointments, and church) and requiring the services of a skilled health professional, (R.N., physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech therapist).

What kinds of services do you provide?
We provide skilled nurses, physical therapists and physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants, speech therapy, medical social workers and certified home health aides.